Senior Data Scientist
Your job will be
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us implement new features into our product, and help us make smarter data-driven decisions to deliver even better services. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, developing internal A/B testing procedures and building high quality prediction models integrated with our services.
You will also be focused on:
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Improving and extending the features used by our existing systems
- Processing, cleaning, and aggregating data used for analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated systems and constantly tracking its performance
- Selecting features, building and optimizing prediction systems using machine learning techniques
- Collaborating with other teams within the company to improve decision making and drive product development
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers
- Experimenting with different tools and technologies, and evaluate new data science approaches for the business
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years industry experience
- Experience in deploying at least one data science project to a production environment
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn and Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Dash, Seaborn, D3, etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills using Python
- Familiarity with stream processing is a huge advantage.
- Experience in using one or more of the following tools and technologies is a plus: Google Cloud Platform, Github, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Data-oriented personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Being part of an early stage startup we sometimes need you to wear multiple hats just to keep things going, hence being a team player is a must have.
What Are We Doing
Kaizo aims to actively guide employees towards achieving their goals and making an impact at their companies.
We are building a performance development platform for customer support teams that leverages gamification and AI to improve operational efficiency, elevate teams' performance and retention with actionable goals. We are a product-led, fast-growing SaaS company with a diverse team and a globally active customer base.
- Kaizo is leveraging gamification and machine learning to make the daily work experience for customer support agents more engaging, fun and productive.
- We run a microservice-based stream processing platform which processes 200+ million events every day using Akka Streams and Kafka.
- Those services are deployed to Kubernetes on Google Cloud and feed data into Elasticsearch and Mongodb.
- Our systems are designed to be reactive, e.g. responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven.
- We are building a real-time Machine Learning engine to continuously adjust the gamification parameters that keep our users motivated and productive.
- We are always scaling up to handle more data with lower latencies.
What We Bring to the Table
You will work with some of the best global talent to build a tool used by great companies like Booking.com, OLX, Marleyspoon, Footlocker, Soundcloud, Tripaneer or WeTransfer. You will be part of a team of diverse and passionate people with a culture that empowers great work.
We do everything to make sure you feel motivated and supported by offering:
- Teamwork & fun perks when full remote work is required (weekly team games & drinks, morning coffee chats and more)
- Investment into your personal development using our network of internal and external mentors
- New laptop & tools
- Free lunch (even while working from home)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited holiday policy
- Workations (2019: Tuscany, 2020: Dahab, 2021: ???)