Senior Data Scientist
What we are doing
Kaizo aims to actively guide employees towards achieving their goals and making an impact at their companies.
We are building a performance development platform for customer support teams that leverages gamification and AI to improve operational efficiency, elevate teams' performance and retention with actionable goals. We are a product-led, fast-growing SaaS company with a diverse team and a globally active customer base.
- Kaizo is leveraging gamification and machine learning to make the daily work experience for customer support agents more engaging, fun and productive.
- We run a microservice-based stream processing platform which processes 200+ million events every day using Akka Streams and Kafka.
- Those services are deployed to Kubernetes on Google Cloud and feed data into Elasticsearch and Mongodb.
- Our systems are designed to be reactive, e.g. responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven.
- We are building a realtime Machine Learning engine to continuously adjust the gamification parameters that keep our users motivated and productive.
- We are always scaling up to handle more data with lower latencies.
Your role in our team
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help us implement new features into our product, and help us make smarter data-driven decisions to deliver even better services. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, developing internal A/B testing procedures and building high quality prediction models integrated with our services.
You will focus on
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Improving and extending the features used by our existing systems
- Processing, cleaning, and aggregating data used for analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated systems and constantly tracking its performance
- Selecting features, building and optimizing prediction systems using machine learning techniques
- Collaborating with other teams within the company to improve decision making and drive product development
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers
- Experimenting with different tools and technologies, and evaluate new data science approaches for the business
What you bring to the table
- 6+ years industry experience
- Experience in deploying at least one data science project to a production environment
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn and Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Dash, Seaborn, D3, etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills using Python
- Familiarity with stream processing is a huge advantage.
- Experience in using one or more of the following tools and technologies is a plus: Google Cloud Platform, Github, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Data-oriented personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Being part of an early stage startup, we sometimes need you to wear multiple hats just to keep things going, hence being a team player is a must have.
You will work with some of the best global talent to build a tool used by great companies like Booking.com, OLX, Marley Spoon, Footlocker, Soundcloud, Tripaneer or WeTransfer. You will be part of a team of diverse and passionate people with a culture that empowers great work.
What we bring to the table
We do everything to make sure you feel nourished, motivated and supported by offering:
- Teamwork & fun perks when full remote work is required (weekly team games & drinks, morning coffee chats and more)
- Investment into your personal development using our network of internal and external mentors
- New laptop & tools
- Free lunch (even while working from home)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited holiday policy
- Remote possible within the EU time zone
- Workations (2019: Tuscany, 2020: Zoom 😢, 2021: ???)