Full Stack Engineer
RemoteNetherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamEngineering
Do you get excited with the idea of working all across the stack of a complex web application backed by a system of microservices and data streaming pipelines? Can you architect and implement solutions that leverage state-of-the-art libraries? And can you do all of this without compromising on code quality? Then don’t wait another minute to apply!
🧑💻 What we are doing?
Kaizo aims to actively guide employees towards achieving their goals and making an impact at their companies.
We are building a performance development platform for customer support teams that leverages gamification and AI to improve operational efficiency, elevate teams' performance and retention with actionable goals. We are a product-led, fast-growing SaaS company with a diverse team and a globally active customer base.
- Kaizo is leveraging gamification and machine learning to make the daily work experience for customer support agents more engaging, fun and productive.
- We run a microservice-based stream processing platform which processes 200+ million events every day using Akka Streams and Kafka.
- Those services are deployed to Kubernetes on Google Cloud and feed data into Elasticsearch and Mongodb.
- Our systems are designed to be reactive, e.g. responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven.
🗓️ What are your 12 labours here?
Developing new features in a fast-paced startup environment
Designing and building RESTful and streaming services to be consumed by UI and other backend services. Building UI components which consume RESTful services
Writing highly reusable and tested code
Working with a product manager and other engineers to scope requirements and shape solutions.
Analysing problems, suggesting improvements to our products. A lot of freedom to build your own solution
🧑💻 What you bring to the table?
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and building front- and backend software
- Experience with streaming data processing (familiar with backpressure, message queues like Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Nice to have experience on the JVM or FP concepts. Willing to learn and code Scala
- Experience with TypeScript and React
- Experience writing microservices. Our services are RESTful and event-driven
- Experience working within cross-functional teams, collaborating with Product Managers, design and UX
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
🦸 What’s all the fuss about?
We leverage gamification and machine learning to help customer service agents become support champions
We are an ambitious startup with $7 million in funding under our belt
We got named in Forbes' list of Top 25 Machine Learning Startups To Watch In 2020
We are a super international team of 10+ people and lots nationalities
🏆 What’s in it for you?
An office right in the heart of Amsterdam, or a desk at a remote-work friendly location of your choice
Great office gear: MacBook, tools, desks, chair — there’s something for everyone
Flexible schedule, remote work (within the EU time zone) whenever needed, free lunch
Fun workations (2019: Tuscany, 2020: Zoom 😢, 2021: Portugal) & open holiday policy
Psst. Do you want to help us understand what makes you the best match for this role? Feel free to send us a 2-minute video motivation.
Up for a heart-to-heart?