Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsEngineering
Do you get excited with the idea of working all across the stack of a complex web application backed by a system of microservices and data streaming pipelines? Can you architect and implement solutions that leverage state-of-the-art libraries? And can you do all of this without compromising on code quality? Then don’t wait another minute to apply!
🧑💻 What we are doing?
Kaizo aims to actively guide employees towards achieving their goals and making an impact at their companies.
We are building a performance development platform for customer support teams that leverages gamification and AI to improve operational efficiency, elevate teams' performance and retention with actionable goals. We are a product-led, fast-growing SaaS company with a diverse team and a globally active customer base.
- Kaizo is leveraging gamification and machine learning to make the daily work experience for customer support agents more engaging, fun and productive.
- We run a microservice-based stream processing platform which processes 200+ million events every day using Akka Streams and Kafka.
- Those services are deployed to Kubernetes on Google Cloud and feed data into Elasticsearch and Mongodb.
- Our systems are designed to be reactive, e.g. responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven.
🗓️ What are your 12 labours here?
Developing new features in a fast-paced startup environment
Designing and building RESTful and streaming services to be consumed by UI and other backend services
Writing highly reusable and tested code
Working with a product manager and other engineers to scope requirements and shape solutions
Analysing problems, suggesting improvements to our products. A lot of freedom to build your own solutions
🧑💻 What you bring to the table?
- 3+ years of professional experience building backend services in Scala (nice to have experience with Akka)
- Experience with streaming data processing (familiar with backpressure, message queues like Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Experience writing microservices. Our services are RESTful and event-driven
- Experience working within cross-functional teams, collaborating with Product Managers, design and UX
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
🏆 What’s in it for you?
An office right in the heart of Amsterdam, or a desk at a remote-work friendly location of your choice
Great office gear: MacBook, tools, desks, chair — there’s something for everyone
Flexible schedule, remote work (within the EU time zone) whenever needed, free lunch
Fun workations (2019: Tuscany, 2020: Zoom 😢, 2021: Portugal, 2022: Italy) & open holiday policy
Psst. Do you want to help us understand what makes you the best match for this role? Feel free to send us a 2-minute video motivation.
Up for a heart-to-heart?